Premed 101 Forums

buying???

Guest gonzo23

Well I have to say that buying a place was one of the best financial decisions I have ever made. I bought a place two years ago in Edmonton while I was doing my BSc. I Just sold it and made 25% on my investment and because of this I just bought another in Calgary (where I will be attending med school). If I was to keep this money it would count against my student loans and it would be like kissing interest free money good buy. I have also just sold all my stocks and put that money into my condo as well. As far I can see the only way to "hide" money (legally) from student loans is to put it into property. I realize that most people probably don't have much money sitting around (but neither did I when I started out) but if you do buying a place might be a good option.

Another good reason to buy right now is that interest rates are still low. Furthermore, because of the massive amount of development over the last few years (because of the low interest rates) there is now a surplus of places for sale. It's a good time to buy!

Ciao

Guest peachy

The prices on the remax site are not very accurate, I think, although I have found the list useful. Baystreetcondos.com is another great site for listing downtown Toronto condos, with floor plans, recently sold prices, and other information.

The mls.ca site is my favorite, though! :) If you do an advanced search you can look for specific buildings you are interested in (look by postal code), specific streets (eg. bay st), etc. You can also search rentals at mls.ca, eg, right now there are about 15 condos listed for rent on Bay street in Toronto.

• 1 year later...

Archived