Premed 101 Forums

June 5th hype

Guest Jag

Guest silverjelly86

*Heart skips a beat* :x

I'm actually kind of expecting a rejection letter, although my stats would suggest otherwise. I just don't feel that the interview went my way.

Guest Madz25

Yeah but they wont be doing that for the 2nd round...snail mail only right?

(I was talking about the interview invitation letter in my previous post...back in jan/feb..whenever they sent it)

Guest silverjelly86

Oh - I didn't know about the second round "snail mail only" thing.

Good luck, as I hear that OOPs that get an interview have a really good chance. :D

Guest sunE

Does anyone remember, back when the med I orientation meeting was held, Beth said that in order to get feedback regarding the interview you have to talk to her fairly soon.

Not like 6 months down the line because at that point, she will not look into it anymore.

How soon after June 5th do you think she will be willing to take/answer e-mails?

Guest sunE

I have a friend that asked me who doesn't care about these forums. She's waiting for June 5. So I thought maybe someone would know on here.

I've only met people who are waiting until June 5th (I met a few more today). I don't know anybody that has gotten in already except that jerk SunE. Are you guys sure they sent out 60 already?

Guest sunE
I've only met people who are waiting until June 5th (I met a few more today). I don't know anybody that has gotten in already except that jerk SunE. Are you guys sure they sent out 60 already?

lol...HEY HEY HEY...why don't you take a good look in the mirror before you start handing out JERK comments!

Beth will start consoling people on June 15th. But first you have to make an appointment with Christie.

So just to get a little bit of info, you have to make a whole appointment with Christie? Last year Beth was doing these "feedback info's" through e-mail, as I sadly remember.

Guest silverjelly86

They handed out 60 IP for sure. BJ said 70 offers total were made, and it's only logical that it was 60 IP/10 OOP.

Now, I personally know 2 people not on this board that have gotten in, and heard of one more.

Guest JGracie

silverjelly, is it just you and me waiting for june 5th? certainly the class of 2010 can accomodate more internet nerds.

Guest silverjelly86

I know, hey? At least I have emotional support from somewhere. I'm sick of hearing "You'll get in for sure!" and "Of course you're gonna get in!" from friends. Ugh; too much pressure.

No, I think NRC Boy and a couple others are also waiting.

Guest Lurkergonepublic
if you really want to damage your self-esteem do it face to face

If that's your goal, I'd recommend scheduling it for the first day of clases, like I (inadvertently) did last year at UofA. And if you can, plan that the person you meet with is sick and doesn't show, so you just get to sit around at the school and watch all the people who got in when you didn't. Oh, and also have a job at another med school (UofC) where you didn't get in, so when you go to work you have to push past the crowds of first years enjoying THEIR first day. Ahhh, last year was fun...

:lol

(and yes that whole story is true - fortunately this year I'v been accepted at both - good luck prospective UofMers!)

Guest JGracie

one of the worst things i heard so far was from one of my references, "i thought you would've gotten your letter by now." gee, thanks for your support.

Guest Jeesing

you can put me on the list of internet nerds still waiting:\ . ive just been busy curling myself into a ball of depression to post on the forum recently :lol . ahh yes this horrible wait is almost over

Guest rochon

There are actually two of us (jerks) on this board, but whose counting.

Archived