Premed 101 Forums

June 5th hype

Guest Jag

Guest fever meds

...deleted...

more or less hope for the best, realize it is out of your control now, and in the worst case scenario try, try again.

Guest ManitobaUWO

does anyone know if they are mailing the letters today (friday) or if they go out on monday.

Also, how many in prov seats are up for grabs?:o

Guest silverjelly86

I don't know when they are mailing letters (maybe I'll phone and ask), but for sure at least 30 IP seats are still available, plus however many IP spots from the first 60 were turned town in lieu of going to other schools.

Guest sunE
but for sure at least 30 IP seats are still available, plus however many IP spots from the first 60 were turned town in lieu of going to other schools.

I'd say 30 + ~8-10 (IP spots turned down from first round) = 38-40 IP seats.

Guest JGracie

i'm pretty sure they are mailing them by the end of the day today like last time, so that it reaches our mailbox by monday/tuesday of next week.

pass the weekend with binge drinking.

edit: also 8-10 IP's turning it down seems a bit high for only 60 acceptances sent so far. In the past, the IP waitlist hasn't moved very much at all. It's the OOP list that moves like hell as people rapidly turn down their acceptances for other schools.

Guest silverjelly86

Well, off their website, it says that last year 88 regular-category, IP offers were made and 79 enrolled, so 9 IP turned down their seats (maybe this time it'll be 7 from 1st round and 2 from 2nd round). Anyways, 8-10 doesn't seem too high, looking at last year.

Guest hochunk

i think what jag meant is that 8-10 declined admissions is a little optimistic thus far--that is, out of the 60 IP that were supposedly sent out. so yeah, maybe 7 from first round and 2-3 second round sounds pretty fair...

anyway, that's not what i wanted to write about. does anybody know if the letters were sent out friday already like they were first round? just wondering if i should be in a rush to check the mail tomorrow, or whether it'll be another one of those long weeks of uncertainty...

Archived