Premed 101 Forums

METHOD OF ACCEPTANCES!!!!!!

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

I emailed Beth Jenning regarded this topic and this was the reply I have received this afternoon (Friday).

"For May 15 offers, we plan to put mail letters tonight, so most Manitoba residents should get them in the mail Monday. We will send emails to those living outside Manitoba. The June letters will only go by mail."

Technology is slowly making it way through the faculty!

So most Manitobans who get first round will know on Monday! First round OOP will have emails!!!!

That's super exciting. I just want to wish good luck to all you out there. If possible, spend this weekend getting hammered so you don't worry yourself to death. I'm sure all you internet geeks will make Jag very proud.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Guest Madz25

HURRAY for emails!!

I will be obsessing this weekend, how about you guys?

(sorry Jag, I don't drink so I can't follow your advice!)

Madz

Guest Lurkergonepublic

This is horrible...

As I'm waiting to hear from 4 western schools, I was happy with thinking that UofM might just send me a letter, just incase they're all bad news I will only get three in one day, and can wait a bit (and hope) for the last one. Now as an OOP I'm going to get an email/electronic notice from all of them. I better get at least one offer or that's going to be a nasty, nasty day. I'm sure I'm the only one with that problem though, right? :D :D

3 days till D-day (aka Bloody Monday).

Guest happy2bme

Geez Lurker....I can feel the outpouring of sympathy for you, having interviews at four schools and all.....;)

Well technically, only 1/3 are given out this round, so you won't have any bad news from UofM either you'll have good news or no news. No bad news will be sent until June.

And UofC you Can't get rejected this year, only waitlisted.

UBC- your on your own there!

UofA or UofS- don't know which of these were your fourth but honestly....do you really want to raise a family in either place! LOL ! Just kidding to all the Sask and Edmontonians reading this!

Anyways this is all a moot point, you and me are getting this year at UofC. Power of positive thinking!!!!!

Enjoy your weekend, and lurker you better buy your better half something great for this weekend!

Guest happy2bme

Well, I thought this round was the small one....But I don't have anything saying either way... I'll check back in the posts and get back to you......

Guest happy2bme

U r correct according to a post by silverjelly in "Offers"

Apparently it was announced at an orientation meeting at the interviews....

I'll try and edit my previous post later, cause I have to go right now.

But I can't find anything on the website that is official!

Guest silverjelly86

happy2bme, all I remember is that it was said at the orientation thing, and also we got a package that had some stuff about that written. I can't think of where else I've seen/heard it from, and you're right that there's no official U of M site claiming that 2/3 - 1/3 split.

If Beth said they HOPE to mail letters TONIGHT, I doubt anyone will get anything until Tuesday, since the mail gets picked up in the middle of the day. But time shall tell!

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Of course you're right Happy, I don't expect too many condolances on 4 interviews (and it's UofA #4). Although you have to admit that the more likely it seems you will be getting in, the worse it will feel if you don't... but yes, positive thinking:

"Hi, I'm doctor Lurker, how are you?" I'll repeat it twenty times an hour.

And thank goodness for knowing that I'll at least be on a waitlist! It's a slower death at least... :lol

Yes I do need to by something for the 'Other Half this weekend. She keeps mentioning how badly she wants a rice cooker (at least when she's cooking rice). Where would I get a nice (yet frugal) one of those... surely the premeds have good advice on that too.

Guest happy2bme

When I think rice cookers, I think China town or Centre Street for the most selection.

Myself, I have a steamer/rice cooker that cooks enough for about 4 people. Can't remember who makes it... It's plastic with a white base and a double decker steamer with a translucent green lid. Available at HBC/ LinensnThings type places. Probably Walmart too. Works great for rice and veggies, but on the small side compared to some of the asian ones my friends have.

But it's perfect for us!

Guest silverjelly86

This is so exciting . . . I can't wait to see the acceptances roll in on this board - and hopefully mine will be one of them! :lol

Guest Rudi Hwang

Hi I'm OOP, I didn't get an email today. Anyone know if this probably means I'm getting a bad letter in June? Thanks. Don't worry I won't kill myself.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Rudi-

I'm in the same boat. I think all it means is that you didn't get an immediate acceptance - there are very few OOP seats - and I don't even know if they sent offers to their full quota or not as yet - I expect they would but...

If your on the waitlist you'll probably get that (or an offer letter if your name has come up) in the June mailing. I know the UofM OOP waitlist moves a lot compared to others, so all this means is you weren't in the top 5 or 8 or whatever it is.

Good luck! If I'm on the list I'll be pulling off to stay in Alberta, so that's one of the possible competition eliminated. :)

Guest Rudi Hwang

Hey thanks for the info, I was just wondering tho that if 2/3 of emails are sent out today, won't those also include waitlist spots as well?

Archived