Premed 101 Forums

First day

Guest shetland23

The first day is pretty much orientation and we give you a ton of papers and supplies to read. Plus some various activities are planned by the med2's for you to participate in as a welcome to the faculty. I think there is a party the night of the first day, but i don't remember anymore.

then on the second day is more parties and activities, and the third day is an inauguration ceremony by the faculty where you fly your family in from wherever they are so they can share in your happiness, blah blah blah. You get 4 days off and then start the real medicine on the following monday.

Guest shetland23

Thanks NRC. thats a early start date, I thought it was September. Hmmm I am taking a job that starts May 1st... I guess I would have to let them know, that Hopefully I will get into Manitoba and I will have to leave. *excited & hopeful*

Jag... hmm... activities planed by the med 2's hey? arent you going to be in med2... *worried*

Guest shetland23

Have you or know of people coming in on Aug 1st, to find and secure apartments? I can just imagine the mad rush to find residence.

Yes, orientation week is going to be GREAT.

If you are looking for an apartment, I suggest you phone U of M right away after getting your letter to book a spot in the Med. Apartments. They are fairly nice, rent is only about $350, and are across the street from school. If you come down here and decide you don't like them, you can always find another place. Personally I think $350 to live 90 seconds from school is fantastic, AND you get a parking spot out of the deal which is impossible to get around the school otherwise.

Archived