Premed 101 Forums

money for US schools

Guest med05

Guest med05

Hi guys:

I want to apply in states this year, and ANY school that offers MD degree will do for me ...

my MCAT is no great shakes (31S, 10, 10, 11)

Can anyone please tell me where i have a good shot and WHERE CAN I ARRANGE MONEY

i dont have a cosigner that will give a guarantee for my loan (and i am poor)......... is it still possible to go to the states for me..... i am a canadian citizen.....

any help will be really really appreciated..... thanks guys...

Guest Gexar

You have to be very wealthy to go to school in the US as a non-citizen.

After all expenses considered, it will cost you around $100,000/yr CDN.

If you are not a wealthy man, you are out of luck. Sorry.

The only thing you could do is get a loan from a private bank in Canada and pay it back like any other loan....

Guest med05

i heard that some money may be available through canlearn..... are there other lenders like this.....

are there schools that offer tuition breaks/ instate tuition to canadians (i have heard only colorado that does this).....

i have heard that there are some med schools in states that may cost < 40000(US) per year.... is this true...

thanks

Tuition will range from 32k-40k. Add in cost of living and you're looking at about 50-60k USD per year.

You can use CanHelp but I believe they need a cosigner. Not quite sure about this.

Guest rads

As I advise any potential applicant to the US... FIRST determine whether you can afford it. Why go through all the hoops only to realize that you can't afford it?! Also, realize that some schools will ask for all four-years of tuition in an account designated for that purpose (JHU, ahem).

Guest med05

thanks very much for the replies ppl, it seems that for me US med schools are not an option..... why is it so hard to get into canadian schools....

Archived