Premed 101 Forums

Is it too late?

Guest Jazz

I just decided to apply to US schools, I noticed that mos tof the people on this board started working on their application sometime in May. Just wondering if it's too late.

Guest premed81

Hi there,

I certainly don't think it's too late as long as you start now and hopefully submit it before the summer ends. Remember that this would just be the primary application. Afterwards, most schools require you to complete a secondary application and from what I've heard (and read), those take a lot more time than the primary. Just be aware of all the deadlines for the schools to which you're applying .

Guest Chieka

How funny... I remember asking this question in September of last year. I always seem to be so behind everything. :rollin

I definitely don't think it's too late. But as premed81 advised, get your AMCAS application in asap. Many American schools do admissions on a rolling basis, meaning that they look at files, interview and give acceptances as applications come in. Most applicants know this and submit well in advance of the earliest deadline, which is in mid October. I didn't really know this last year and submitted my app on Sept. 25. Still, I fared well. By no means do I advise my approach though. :P

C.

Archived