Premed 101 Forums

Einstein

Guest idreamofmeds

Guest idreamofmeds

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the Einstein Medical School in NY. I was looking at the website and was really impressed by what I saw. Has anyone applied there or know of any Canadians who have applied? Thanks!:)

Guest idreamofmeds

THanks for the reply moo. If you don't mind me asking, why were you rejected pre-interview? Are you Canadian? If so, did you find that American schools set a higher cut-off for Canadian applicants? I noticed that the average GPA of the enetring class last year was 3.6 something. Did they want significantly higher than that for an interview? Thanks!

I don't know why they rejected me. They probably saw something they didn't like. Yes, I am Canadian and graduated from UBC in 2002. This whole process is random, and you can't really predict which schools you'll get into. I do know of at least one Canadian who got an interview at Einstein but he was put on the waitlist. I am now an M1 at Northwestern in Chicago. There are four Canadians in our class including me so you might want to consider applying here. (Avg GPA/MCAT for entering class is 3.7, and 10, 11, 11)

Guest UPENN2003

Hi,

I'm a canadian going to college at upenn. I applied to Einstein this year, and got an interview. I'm waiting for a decision. I think the key to getting an interview at a lot of the American med school is applying EARLY. Finish AMCAS by late June and finish submitting secondaries by mid to late Aug. This will significantly enhance your chances of getting interviews.

hope this helps

Archived