Premed 101 Forums

MMI Dress Code

Guest Kooman

Guest Kooman

Hey everyone, who's going to the experimental MMI interview on March 5th? I guess we will technically be the first applicants ever to do the MMI interviews at Manitoba even though it doesn't count. Just curious, would there be a dress code for that "interview"? See you all this weekend.

Well since it is fake, they won't slap you in the face if you don't dress up. I guess there is an 'implied' dress code in effect, meaning you will look silly when you arrive and will be the only one in jeans.

Guest ManitobaMed

A quick heads up: Because the MMI this year is "unofficial" and candidates participating are in fact donating their time, MMI interviewers have been told not to deduct points based on attire. In other words, it doesn't matter what you wear.

Guest happy2bme

Seriously, I have a problem for points based on attire. Looking professional I think doesn't have to mean going out and buying a suit. But yet 95% of people you see at the interview have a suit on. Do the people in a nice shirt and God forbid khakis really get points deducted in their real MMI if they go ahead with the format? I sure hope not.

Pretty stupid question... but what's appropriate for the real interview? Can I just go in with everything but the blazer? I don't really see why not. My blazer is a little small for me, and I would rather not wear it if I don't have to.

Archived