Premed 101 Forums

Wayne State Interview

Guest cause2003

Guest cause2003

Hey everyone,

I just found out that I have an interview at Wayne next week. Has anyone had an interview there? Did they ask you about the US health care system? and other such questions about a Canadian studying in America?

If anyone knows of any good web pages about Canadians studying in the US can you post the information here. I though I would have more time to prepare for the interview and I know very little about medicine in the US.

Thanks for any comments,

Cause

Guest jeffsimz

hey cause2003....i had an interview there about 3 weeks ago....no worries about the interview, just make sure you know your essay inside out and your AMCAS stuff....I had no questions about US health care stuff or why I wanted to come to the US.....I lived in detroit for 10 years as a child so that may have had something to do with that......let me know if you need anything else..

Jeff

Guest cause2003

Congrats on the interview Jeff. Was it more of a relaxed - get to know you interview or did they have moral/ethical questions? Also, I'm moving back to Ontario so I won't get the interview package in the mail, is there anyting important in the package other than directions?

I'll have to read over my essay, I haven't looked at it for a couple of months now.

Later,

Cause

Guest thesaug

Hi cause,

I just interviewed on Thursday and I was asked to compare the two systems...the pros, cons and what type of system I would propose. Actually, I have been asked this question so far at all 5 of my interviews...so I would be ready for it. Yeah, and know your personal statement. Check out http://www.studentdoctor.net and then go to Medical Interview Feedback...many students have posted their questions and feedback of the interview at almost every university in the states and canada.

Hope this helps you out!

thesaug

P.S. In the package, there was a technical standards document that you had to sign...maybe you can sign it at the campus.

Guest jeffsimz

hey....yeah, the technical standards form was in there...like I said, I didn't get asked about the differences in health care....I'd be ready for it just in case though...I had a very relaxed interview, no moral or ethical questions...Jeff

Archived