Premed 101 Forums

Autobiographical Sketch FORMATTING !!???

Guest MedBound786

Guest happy2bme

hmmm, titles, here are my top choices if I had put one on!

1. 101 reasons to let me in!

2. I've actually eaten fish that have come out of the Red river and survived, therfore I deserve to be let in!

3. I helped enormously in the 80's and early 90's to allow Winnipeg garner the coveted "Slurpee Capital of the World", now let me in!

4. Ebola don't scare me, let me come to Winnipeg!

lol

Guest silverjelly86

Oh . . . well, they specifically asked that I supply them with my phone number and e-mail address. Hmm . . . I guess I'll just put it on the front page.

Have any of you sent in your essays yet? I'm looking to about this Thursday, maybe.

Guest WesternMan
hmmm, titles, here are my top choices if I had put one on!

1. 101 reasons to let me in!

2. I've actually eaten fish that have come out of the Red river and survived, therfore I deserve to be let in!

3. I helped enormously in the 80's and early 90's to allow Winnipeg garner the coveted "Slurpee Capital of the World", now let me in!

4. Ebola don't scare me, let me come to Winnipeg!

I see how a title could speak to your image if matched correctly with some aspect of your character that you would like to come through. In the interview, the word is they have your essay in front of them, and they could likely ask you more about your title or just enjoy it for what it is.

Personally, I don't think I project a "wacky title" kind of guy image, so it would be awkward if they asked me why I titled my essay what I titled it. So long story short, I don't think 90% of people need essays with titles...but that 10% is fully certified.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mehdilicious

just to let you know, they DO have your essay in front of them and they may or may not pull qeustions from there, but its a good idea to read your essay again before you go into your interview.

making your essays dramatic/funny/quirky is tempting.... trust me I know.... but keep in mind some things can become really lame after you've read it about 100 times and these people have been interviewing for a couple of years for the most part, so my advice is to keep it simple, to the point, and make it interesting to read by writing interesting things about yourself, and less by the jokes etc...

and don't worry that your essay is too dry! if you're a fun person that will come through in your interview and the panel will appreciate it there rather than your essay

Archived