Premed 101 Forums

still in high school but have alot of questions.

Guest britishlove

Guest britishlove

I just finished grade 11, and i want to be a surgeon for sure, right now i am taking all of the sciences (chem, bio, physics) and am in pure math, i have pretty good grades in all of my courses. Next year i am deffenetly aiming higher for marks, because i have been in a way slacking off. I already volunteer in alot of places.

I have to apply to pre-med next year, and i want to go to UofC because it really close, is there something else i can do to increse my chances of getting in?

I have a question, i want to do my undergraduate here, but i am not sure for the med school, i want to be a surgeon in US, and do my residency there.

I would ideally like to go to an american med school but because they are so expensive there i want to go here, but i dont know if i can attend med school here and then apply for residency there?

Is there a particular university i should go to so that they pay more attention to me?

Guest muchdutch

if you post this in the temporary calgary forum (these ones aren't really in use anymore), you'll probably get more of a response.

Sounds to me like you are doing all of the good things to get accepted so keep up the hard work, but leave a little bit of room for fun for yourself in the rest of your high school and undergrad years - this is the most important part!

Archived