Premed 101 Forums

OOP applicant

Guest UBCstu

It's out of 4.5, where A+ = 4.5.

Keep in mind that if your school does not use percentages or only gives out A instead of A+, then your maximum mark is a 4.0/4.5.

-j

Guest fever meds

the above poster brings out an important point. it doesn't make sense for a student who scores all A's at a school where highest mark is A, to get a GPA of 4.0 out of 4.5. Talk to beth jennings as there is usually a way to handle this situation.

Actually, I e-mailed her (Beth) about it back in June, and I asked her how to convert my marks for Ucalgary, especially since they moved from the A to the A+ system in 2002. Her response:

"We will only give 4.5 to A+, so in the old system your top grade point was a 4.0."

So I assume that for places without the A+, you were pretty much out of luck ...

-j

Guest Saberial

Hey jgray2, I had another question for you since I'm from UCalgary as well. Does Manitoba require bcem 393/443 to apply? Or can you take bcem 393/507 or 393/543?

Thanks.

Guest happy2bme

I have asked Beth a couple of times, just to make sure... all they will accept from Calgary is 393/443. apparently very sticky on this, trust me I tried to get around it....

However things can always change so if you are thinking of applying next year I would check in the summer before you register for classes that the 443 is still a prereq for admission

If you applied this year and didn't have 443 you may manage to sneak by the admissions and get an interview, but I believe if you are considered for acceptance you will probably end up being denied. This is from info a previous poster had posted about this happening with an english(i think) requirement not being accepted even after managing to score an interview. I am basing this solely on my memory from last years posts so I may be a little off, but I know Manitoba is a stickler for the proper approved prereq's

This being said you can apply to have a course evaluated as equilivent, especially if the course content has changed in the last couple of years. They have a list of whether the course has ever been evaluated and what year it was evaluated last. So if the course hasn't changed since 2 years ago and it was evaluated 1 year ago they won't bother to reevaluate, but if it was evaluated 4 years ago, they will!

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone know how many seats are available for OOP applicants? I hear that MCAT results are more important than the AGPA; any idea what the average MCAT scores are for OOP applicants?

Thanks,

NP

Archived