Premed 101 Forums

SCARED

Guest overwhelmED

Guest overwhelmED

Are there any conditions once you've been offered a spot in med school? The reason I ask is because I bombed one of my courses this past term. Does the UofC require that your GPA in your last term meet a certain minimum?

A reply would greatly calm my nerves :x and let me start REALLY celebrating :b

Guest chenzy

Hi-

This is what it says on the U of C admissions page:

Acceptances are provisional; one of the conditions is that the official transcript for courses just completed shows maintenance of an overall average of 3.0/4.0 when converted to match the University of Calgary’s 4.0 point rating scale. Applicants who are currently registered in a university or college are required to forward final transcripts as soon as possible after final examinations are completed.

Guest overwhelmED

Thank you for the reply. "courses just completed" is a bit ambiguous...I wonder if they average both terms (fall & winter) together or if the last (winter) term must be 3.0 by itself. I'll look into it.

Guest squeegy80

hey overwhelmED,

"Acceptances are provisional; one of the conditions is that the official transcript for courses just completed shows maintenance of an overall average of 3.0/4.0 when converted to match the University of Calgary’s 4.0 point rating scale."

I think they mean that you must maintain a cGPA (for all years) of 3.0 including this year, as shown on the new transcript. So unless you were below 3.2 to begin with, even with a bombed course you should be fine.

But to be sure you should probably contact the school for clarification, so that you can REALLY start celebrating :) Congrats!

squeegy

Guest overwhelmED

Thank you squeegy--I appreciate the support! I can REALLY celebrate now because Adele confirmed that all courses during the past academic year are considered together and the GPA must be above 3.0. Whew, I'm in the clear. THAT was scary :eek

Archived