Premed 101 Forums

Away on Electives

Guest Jerika81

Guest Jerika81

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give you all the heads up that I am leaving for 6 weeks of electives tomorrow morning.

I will be at St. Jude Hospital in Memphis (a hospital that specializes in pediatric oncology) for the first two weeks, and then I will be rotating through different clinical sites in Cape Town, South Africa, for the month of July. I get back August 4th, just in time to catch most of O-week.

I'll try to check the forum whenever I have internet access, but right now I have no idea how often that will be. So it might take a while to get answers to some of your questions, but I'll do my best and hopefully other moderators will also be checking in from time to time.

Have a good rest of the summer all!:D

Guest Jerika81

Hey everyone, thanks for your well wishes.

So far I'm having a good time in Memphis. This week I am working in the leukemia ward, and next week I will be doing solid tumors. I am learning a lot and have met a ton of cute kids. Memphis is soo hot though. I got a sunburn on the back of my neck today when I sat outside for lunch. Also, now I can buy all the special foods I see commercials for on TV but we never have in Canada, like all those fancy kinds of yogurt!:b

• 1 month later...

Archived