Premed 101 Forums

Waitlists

Guest Edwarder

Guest Edwarder

If one were to accept an offer from Calgary, but stay on a waitlist for another school, what would happen after August 4th... What if you were admitted to your first choice school during the late August/early Sept. orientation week, after having started at Calgary in early August? Could you switch schools? Would there be financial ramifications? Has this happened in the past?

Just curious, since it seems like something that could be a problem, given the early start date.

Ed

Guest Jerika81

Yes if you are accept an offer from Calgary you can stay on waitlists at other schools. I believe if you got accepted to another school around the end of August, you could drop out of U of C and go to the other school. Some people wouldn't be too happy if you did this though, because it would be too late to accept someone else off the U of C waitlist, and thus you would have wasted a spot. But technically you shouldn't lose more than the deposit which you would already have had to pay by now (about $100 I think?) and the friendships you had already made by that point at U of C.

However, I think it's pretty unlikely that someone would do this after spending a couple weeks at U of C. You will meet so many amazing people and be having so much fun that you won't want to leave!:b

Archived