Premed 101 Forums

OOP Acceptances/ Waitlist - please post!

Guest lucky1

Guest lucky1

Could the OOP people who are accepting one of the ten (?) spots available, or are likely going to reject their spot please post? It will help the OOp waitlisters to have some idea of their chances.

How many are on the OOP waitlist? Has it moved at all?

Thanks a lot.

Guest rainie

Hi, I was accepted during the round of early acceptances as an OOP applicant. Last week I gave up my position, so that should be available for someone else.

Guest moxiekat

Hey guys... I was an OOP applicant and I was disqualified last month. I got into a number of other schools, so it wasn't a big deal, but I was pretty annoyed that they didn't tell me before I was invited for a interview. It would've saved me a lot of time, money, and stress. Apparently they didn't recognize one of my biochem half courses. So, the waitlist is actually shorter by one this year.

Guest linds999

Hey guys -- I just got into Queen's (phew!) so I will be removing my name from the OOP waitlist (I was on the lower half though). However I did find out from Beth Jennings that 36 people were put on the OOP waitlist. Out of curiosity, has the waitlist started moving at all, or are they waiting till a later date?

Guest fever meds

lol, linds, wouldn't be suprised if you got my spot. I am staying in MB. soooooo much cheaper (and good education too!!!).

honestly i think waitlists moves as it opens up. but not sure since i wasn't on mb waitlist.

i was thinking about this today. i imagine that OOP waitlist would move faster than regular, as most OOP probably want to get into their home schools first, thus if not accepted first, get accepted slowly, and thus new spots then trickle down to MB.

as for regular admissions, i doubt those really move to much. most ppl who get reg in mb probably just want to get in!

just my thoughts

Guest spring2

I just received an email now with an offer (I am OOP). I just declined the offer right now, so there is one more spot. Hope that makes somebody somewhere happy. :)

Guest lucky1

has anyone been offered a spot off the lowerhalf OOP list yet?

Any OOP acceptances? (In other words, how many spots are left?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jazzy B

I just received an e-mail today telling me that a student has declined an OOP position and that I'm the next person on the list. I was in the bottom half of the waiting list. I will be declining my offer as I recently was accepted off the waitlist at Queen's. Good luck to the next person on the list.

:hat

Archived