Premed 101 Forums

The Waitlisted Thread

Guest Jazz

Guest chemgirl

Well, I just got my waitlist letter (in province, in edmonton) and I am going to fax them in the next few days to withdraw me from the list, as I will definitely attend U of A. I hope this helps someone out!

Guest tooks04

Hi everyone!

Got my Calgary acceptance package yesterday... Since I also got my McGill acceptance yesterday I'll be declining Calgary. I hope this helps someone out... I know what it's like to spend a whole summer on the waiting list.

Good luck!

Guest chemgirl

wellll, I wouldn't really call it a multiple offer, although I guess they "offered" to put me on the waitlist! :b But thanks anyways FC, I really hope you get some good news soon!

Guest Jazzey

Hi there,

Does anyone know how much the OOP waitlist moved last year? It won't make a difference since no one knows what their rank on the wailist is, but I'd just be curious to know.

Thanks so much!

Guest frogcanada

So Jazz now that you got into UBC, does this mean you're opening up a spot in Calgary for some poor sod on the waitlist?

;)

Guest walkorbike

Hi, all,

I have taken my name off the in-province waitlist since I got the good word at UBC. Good luck with it!

-walkorbike

p.s. Granny Panties, you have a very amusing login!

Guest MMCL

Does anyone know when of if the in-province waiting list will begin to move? has anyone heard of anybody being contacted off the waiting list? just curious...

Guest bananacreampie

I assume they will wait until the deposit deadline is a little closer, but one of my friends on the waitlist talked to Adele and Adele said that she would probably be talking to her soon. So you never know!

Guest Ticket

Hi folks,

Although I was VERY impressed by UofC, I have declined my offer to study there next September. I am an OOP applicant and I sent my rejection letter in today.

Hopefully this makes someone on this forum a happy camper! :P

Cheers,

Ticket

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Ticket,

Good for you on making a decision. :) Which medical school will have you sitting in its class in September and in what province are you?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Ticket

Hi Kirsteen,

I have decided to attend Memorial University. I am originally from NL, but currently living in Ontario.

The school has a great reputation - not only at home, but among all the doctors I have come across in Ontario - for producing comprehensive and compasionate graduates. They were also the school to wow me the most when I visited. The tuition, living expenses and having a support system relatively nearby are also added benefits.

I really liked the facilities at Calgary, and the people. The program seems really interesting and has a good reputation as well. It was a really hard decision. In the end, I decided that there were certain aspects of the program that weren't for me - but I'm sure they're perfect for someone else!

Cheers!

Archived