Premed 101 Forums

Final date to confirm acceptance?

Guest frogcanada

Guest frogcanada

Does anyone know what the date you have to decide whether you're definitely in a program or not i.e. the date you have to choose between your multiple acceptances? I'm assuming this date varies between different schools...

FC

Guest sn0w0wl

I'm sure the date varies, not only between schools but depending when the offer was made. My Calgary letter of May 11th said a response was required in 15 working days from the date of the letter (not just 15 days as the Conditions of Acceptance page said, I checked this with Adele)--so by June 1st. Not a whole lot of time to wait to hear back from other programs, eg. UBC and Ontario schools. Too bad this can't be better coordinated, as waiting can get expensive.

Guest frogcanada

Wow, so basically everyone that gets into Calgary right away has to pay a deposit to hold it past June 1, which is when the Ontario schools release their decisions? That is unfortunate!

FC|I

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Since I haven't yet seen my Calgary package (I'm currently typing from an internet cafe in Glasgow), can someone give me an idea of the initial deposit that is required? :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived