Premed 101 Forums

Hmmmmm

Guest ItsmeMelissa

Guest ItsmeMelissa

Seems that the consensus is that marks don't necessarily equal a good doctor. I have to say that I wonder if the response would be different if this topic were in one of the other boards (ie. U of T).

Personally, I think it is a shame that so much emphasis is placed on the numbers. This view is unfortunately perpetuated by universities and by students who continue to measure their competence by their grade point average.

Having been out of school for 3 years, I have to say that not one person has ever cared about the fact that I graduated on the President's Roll until I decided to pursue medicine. In the end, it isn't the grades that are going to make you a good doctor, I really think that it is your personality and your ability to integrate academic knowledge into real-life that is going to be the measure of success.

Oops, meant to put this in the "3.0" thread. Good thing I don't measure my competence by my computer skills :)

Oops, meant to put this in the "3.0" thread. Good thing I don't measure my competence by my computer skills :)

Guest sos2002

Hi...all what u have mentioned is seemingly logic with considering that u could be as good as u want & when u wanna..all the best!

Archived