Premed 101 Forums

IFMSA Exchange - Germany

Guest ploughboy

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

Hey all,

So I won the lottery, and received a spot for this summer in the IFMSA Professional Exchange Programme. I've spoken to a few former participants here at UWO, but would appreciate hearing any stories anybody else has about this programme. I'd be especially interested in hearing from anybody who's been on exchange to Germany.

TIA

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFDxvTc/HNgbK3bC2wRAsTUAKCSSyEWw07Z5Asxf2Jah6FuS/glQQCglIQU

BceDsqLKFpB3JqK38PhWXDQ=

=lR/b

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Guest strider2004

I did the exchange in Amsterdam and it was incredible. It's amazing to spend all that time in one place, and you don't get bored because you're busy in the daytime but are still abelto go out on weekends and at night. I met up with other exchange students from various countries (Egypt, Italy, Greece, Czech, Finland) every night explored Amsterdam together. It was an amaing experience and youll love it!

Sorry, I don't know anyone who went to Germany. Is there a requirement to speak German?

Guest UTMed07

Hey ploughboy,

I went after 1st year and did cardiac, thoracic & vascular surgery for five weeks in Mainz. The people were really nice and considering the level of training I had-- I got to do lots of stuff. Actually, my third year surgery rotation I though sucked by comparison. In Mainz, I was first assist a few times and I got to close the skin several times. The accomodations left a bit to be desired but I was away most of the time when I was off, so it didn't really matter that much.

Sorry, I don't know anyone who went to Germany. Is there a requirement to speak German?
I speak it fluently but it wasn't required. The docs there can all speak English very well. Two of the surgeons did fellowships in Toronto, one at Harvard and another in Texas and London (UK).

Msg me with your email and I can send you a small German word list and links to a few dictionaries.

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

Thanks to all who replied and messaged me!

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (FreeBSD)

iD8DBQFDzmZb/HNgbK3bC2wRAvKWAJ9ALNEF+XPrO6Qd2r/acHwMgKlr0wCfcfBs

aIfoVbh6bx7cL4C+e/TVngo=

=FzTp

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Archived