Premed 101 Forums

Advice regarding accept/reject of an offer

Guest druggist

Guest druggist

Hello everyone,

I was wondering, I have received an offer from two medical schools but have not yet decided which to attend. I had to give the seat down-payment previously for both as I heard from each at different times. Now I'm faced with the difficult decision regarding which to attend and I don't want to delay because someone else will get in when I reject at one school (ie, someone is waitlisted another day if I think). How long is okay to deliberate over where to go? Also, what is the best way to "say no"? Email, letter, etc?

Cheers,

Druggist

you probably should make up your mind fairly soon - the wait list game is enough to put many strong minds in a mental institution

you know the two programs, dal and mun, fairly well, so really i'm guessing you are only torn because you must have some compelling personal reason to stay in hfx. It also seems that from the specialties you seem to be interested in (specialized surgeries) dal would be the best school for you. Otherhand, MUN's small program and low stress level is very appealing.

Personally, when making a decision like this, I always tend to fall on the unknown, at least that way I wont regret a chance not taken.

Archived