Premed 101 Forums

Stuff to do over interview weekend

Guest MD Hammer

Guest MD Hammer

Hi Everyone -

In order to get climatized to Kingston, I am coming to town on Friday for my interview on Sunday. I don't have any friends in town and am coming alone - so I am looking for some suggestions as to things to do while in Kingston. Any suggestions?

Guest UR1FOOLINS

avoid AJ's, unless you want to be stabbed or beaten by townies.

Stages is chill though, plenty of room and fair prices for drinks. Plus hordes of fit caucasian undergrads.

PS: If you feel like a shawarma, Kingston doesn't have any.....and even if they do, you can bet on the fact that they're pretty bad.

Princess St. is the main street downtown. Starting from Barrie St down to the water there are lots of great shops and restaurants. Taking an afternoon to check those out is worthwhile...and if you get bored, there are movie theatres on that stretch too. :) If the weather is nice, going down to the waterfront is good too. I'm not sure how much of the really touristy stuff is up and running just yet, so you may be out of luck there. Fortunately, the Queen's campus and the downtown core are walking distance from each other so you can certainly get a feel for both in one day.

Hope you enjoy it here!

Guest MD Hammer

Thanks again for the advice!

I am pretty stoked to see Kingston, since I was so close to doing my undergrad there. Always wondered what my bizarro life would have been like if I had gone there...

Guest nextstopmd

Don't forget about the activities for the interview weekend as well. There are dinners on both Friday and Saturday nights, as well as the martini party on Sat night. All of these events are a great chance to come see what we're all about and to get to know some of your potential future classmates...

• 1 year later...

Archived