Premed 101 Forums

Redo- Who's going to Queen's for sure?

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

So with the waitlist moving a lot, and with everyone deciding where they'll be going...Who's going to Queen's for sure? From a previous thread I know there are 6 of us (nextstopmd, coastal79, Nops, CareBear15, sunmr, and me :) )BUT I'm sure there are more of us on this board (maybe a little shy?)...I thought we could all start talking, you know, maybe get to know each other a little better before classes start (doesn't seem to be much else happening on this forum :) )...

So I'll start...I'm from Mac, just finished my B.Sc, and Mac is great (if any of you are considering it)...I looooove watching movies, and I hear there are tonnes of movie nights that the med students put together for us throughout the year...I'm really nervous about next year, but I've been to Kingston a couple of times over the last month, and it's definately grown on me :) There's probably a tonne more I should say, but I figure this should hopefully get everyone talking :D

Hope to hear of more of you soon :)

~pea~

Guest coastal79

Hey. I'm from Victoria-born, raised, and edumacated, with a brief stretch in the 'burbs of TO when I was a kid. Finished up at UVIC two years ago with a BA in English, taught Eng in Seoul last year with my gf, and we've been living in Kelowna this year. I like to travel and can't wait to hit up all the places back east that I haven't seen (budget allowing of course). I have a week left of pseudo-work this summer, to train a replacement, and then I'm planning on doing some intensive vegging (wait, I've been vegging since May......). Vegging shall consist of sleeping, eating, drinking, reading, gyming, and possibly flipping through old biology books since I haven't taken any bio in ohh....around 4 years (yes, I'll be the guy camped out in the library in first semester, while "The Youth" frolic and don't worry because they finished school recently and it's all just "Review" (envy envy envy). Anyways, that's enough to keep the ball rolling.

cheers

Guest Nops

Hey Pea, Coastal!

I was born in Holland, moved to Canada in 1974 (I was 6), and have lived most of my life in and around Edmonton, AB, though I have been in Fredericton, NB since last June. I started my BSc at the U of Alberta in 1987 and finished it in 2003.

I am in the CF and have been since 1991, and I have spent the last 9 years flying helicopters. The CF is paying my tuition, and I'll owe them time afterward, so I won't be competing for anyone's coveted specialty - I'll be FM from start to finish.

I'm married and I have 4 kids (1 boy, 3 girls) ages 10, 8.5, 5, and 3 (next week). Maybe you saw them on interview weekend -- they tend to stand out.

I've been working toward applying to med school since '97, and I'm ecstatic about going to Queen's! I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of you.

Bil :evil

Hey Nops, are you coming in MMTP? If so, glad to finally see the spots being put to good use. I'm one of the three MOTP students over at Queen's, nice to see the club's growing.

Congrats everyone joining Meds '08!

Guest Nops

QM,

I am MMTP, but not one of the 'special sponsored seats' that Queen's apparently has. DMCARM7 says the military has not chosen to fund those seats, no reason given.

There's at least one other MMTP entering Queen's with the class of 08, but I don't know if he's on this board.

B :evil

Guest Oregano112

Born in Winnipeg, lived in Calgary and Toronto, did my undergrad in Guelph. I've lived in Kingston for a year now and think its a pretty neat place. I'm very excited to be coming to Queens. Its a great school with a great atmosphere - and I have an apartment 3 minutes from the med school!

See you all in September!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CareBear15

I guess it's about time that I write something...

I just graduated from York and basically the one determining factor that made me want to go to Queen's was the video (and of course the awesome York folk that are already there who were super welcoming interview weekend).

I'm pretty excited about school starting but I was horrified by the housing situation in Kingston and the fact that I will be in huge debt for the next xx years of my life... and as well Queen's e-mail addresses are arbitrarily assigned with a bunch of random letters and numbers just like they did at York and that stinks too.

Of course, I'm also in love with the Care Bears and have many stickers to prove it.

O-week is gonna be fun!

Guest drews97

Hey CareBare.

The e-mail addresses aren't arbitrary at all. For example, mine is 3ar29. That means I started school in 03, my initials are "A.R." and I'm the 29th person at the school with those initials. Makes total sense, doesn't it:b

P.S. I'm joking. I think the e-mail addresses suck, I rarely use mine unless I have to, I redirect everything to outlook!

Guest Ciara

okay..

I'm from Vancouver, I did undergrad degrees at McGill and Concordia, and now I'm living in Toronto. I'm excited to get started and meet everyone -- but I've never lived in a smallish town before, so I'm kind of nervous about moving to Kingston! ah well.. I'm sure we'll have a great time!

Guest turtle

Hi Everyone

....I think it's been a good 4 or 5 months since I've posted on here. (Not really sure why actually...just got out of the whole ezboard routine for a while, i guess.)...but I was also accepted at Queen's, though I have deferred my acceptance so that I can finish up my Master's thesis (and then do some traveling!) Even though I won't be joining you guys until next year, I am still really happy about going to Queen's!! (I had an awesome time during the interview weekend!)

*turtle*

Guest HSR07

Hey Turtle,

I'm pretty sure you stayed with my housemate and I the second interview weekend...congrats on the acceptance! We both thought you would be hearing good news! Have a great year off and we'll see you in September 2005!

Heather :D

Guest turtle

Hi Heather!!

Yes, that was me!! :P You know...after posting on here today, I was thinking I should search through my emails to find your housemate's email address to let you guys know the good news. Thank you SO much for a really great weekend...it's because of you two that I got such a good impression of Queen's!! :) Hope your first year ended off well & I definitely look forward to seeing you both in another year...If you ever want to take a weekend roadtrip to Ottawa, email me at turtle21@hotmail.com ... I'd love to return your hospitality :)

turtle

• 1 year later...

Archived