Premed 101 Forums

early acceptance letter here!!

Guest jwc

hey everyone -

I just got an early acceptance letter - I was so shocked. I figured i would get in but not on an early acceptance. Good luck to everyone else and hope you letters are in the mailbox today.

jwc

Guest apical meristems

Hey team,

Just got my letter. Wow!!!! This is soo amazing.

Later,

meri

p.s. Good luck to those waiting!

Guest Justanotherkeener

CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU!!! I knew for sure that you would get one apical.

It must feel absolutely great right now! Now you can chill for the rest of the summer:)

Keener

Guest wannabein

Oh god! im so nervous now. I am at work so i cant check my mail for another 3 hours! lol, they dont have my transcripts so i dont think im gettin early acceptance, but im sooo nervous now anyway!

congrats to you guys! it feels so great i can imagine! way to go!!!

Guest Justanotherkeener

wannabein,

didn't apical say that 2nd yrs can still get the early acceptance, they must not need the final transcript in order to make the admission... though I'm sure if they see that someone screwed up massively in their last semester they might withdraw acceptance?? That's not the case for you though... so good luck in a couple of hours!! haha.

I've been on this forum a lot lately... I geuss AHFMR is paying me to slack off, ahh the joys of being placed in a laid back lab.

:rollin

Keener

Guest wannabein

Hey keener,

I am also slackin off at the expense of AHFMR! hahaha...r u in edmonton??? im at uofc! cant wait to go home today!!!

Guest bucktooth

Wow Apical! Congrats dude.. How many times did I say You will get in during the past 4 months? haha.. i told u! damnit.. only if I get a letter in the mail this july too.. I WANNA BE CLASSMATES! errrrr.r...... haha.. anyways.. good job! The waiting is killing me!

Guest coilz

Congratz to all who got the letter. Told ya you have nothing to worry about apical..

How the wait continues for the people with shaky stats... :(

Guest apical meristems

Hey guys,

Thanks for the support. I appreciate it. And good luck to both of you. Buck, you're only an inch away. I'm positive that you'll hear the good news in late June. ;)

Cheers,

apical

Guest snoop99

Ape you da man now.

You went through the process last year, improved your DAT, reapplied, stayed on top of your @#%$ (its obvious you know almost everything about alberta admissions) and now you got not only admission, but early admission.

That's fairly pimp'd out. Now just relax and bust a nut. You got @#%$-all to do, just enjoy yourself Ape man

hey apical- is your acceptance a conditional or just an out right acceptance? Aren't you excited to be a dentist? It seems like there is nothing that can stop us now. I went for my medical yesterday and once i get the hep b test back, its all a go. Congrats again and lets make this class the best ever. Lets make sure though that we are not a neck biting class that kills each other for grades but one that builds each other and supports everyone so we can all do well and be successfull dentists. later. jwc

Guest apical meristems

Hey jwc,

I received provisional admission (they are still waiting for my winter transcripts). How about you? Was there a medical clearance form, or faculty medical form in your package? You already had your medical? Mine said that all of that stuff would come once I accept the position. There was three pieces of paper in my envelope, as well as an envelope to mail back. Did you already accept your position?

Later,

ap

p.s. I am so excited to be a dentist. I can't wait to meet our class! :) Are you turning down Manitoba? I think that Alberta's class is going to be pretty sharp. 19 is a lot of people for conditional admission.

apical -

I only took 4 classes this year so they don't need to wait for my transcript, so i guess that is why my admission was not conditional. There were medical forms and stuff that i got filled out at the university health center in sub. Yes, i already accepted the position, i went in there yesterday. I am just going to wait until my medical stuff clears before rejecting manitoba. I am also working on getting a line of credit - it seems like bmo might be the best bet - i am going to talk to the guy today hopefully so if you need to know anything about that let me know. jwc

Guest apical meristems

I think I am going to hit RBC. Their credit program for med and dent students seems pretty liberal.

You were mailed your medical forms with your acceptance letter? The admissions officer said that I will not get mine until my final transcripts clear and I confirm my admission.

Oh yeah, you can come visit me down in the basement of SUB. I am working at the CSD across from the bookstore and arcade. I am at the front desk. :)

Later,

apical

Guest dentforsure

Hey Congrats all!

I'm surprised they sent out early letters to OOPs...any OOP here got in??? I didn't get one...so i guess UA said no to me.

So any of you going to turn down UM if UA is your first choice???

Guest bucktooth

OMG! I got IN guys. I was so sure I wasn't going to get in that I didn't check my mail for days.. LOL what a mistake... the acceptance letter was in there the whole time! OMG~ I'm so excited I'm going to pee my pants. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...

Guest Justanotherkeener

congrats man!!

gosh, I'm still a year away and I'm already jealous of you all, haha.

So what is everyone planning on doing this summer now that they're in?

Guest bucktooth

I don't know.. work work work i guess.. that and spend time with my family before I leave calgary. other than that.. the occasional camping trips and bbqs wont' hurt.. that's my plan.. just take it ez for a couple months and let this sink in.. lol.. what about u guys (especially apical.. we should hook up one weekend or somethinng.. just to check out places to live, loans and u can show me what edmonton has to offer.. lol).. yeah.. basically i'm so happy that sitting and staring at a wall for 2 months eating nothing but bread and butter will satisfy me.. I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD.. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT THE PAST COUPLE MONTHS.. I APPRECIATED IT (thanks to apical!!!!).. WE're GONNA BE CLASSMATES!!! I'M sooooo looking forward to it..

BUCK!

Guest apical meristems

bucktooth!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And all this time you were sooo worried. ;) Tee hee... Mr. Second Year Admitted.

We're going to be classmates! Very exciting. Tell me when you're coming to Edmonton to get your medical tests, and we can meet. I haven't gone for mine just yet, but I plan to get started next week.

Later,

ap

p.s. I'll pm you my email address.

Guest bucktooth

Well. They said that I have to send back to acceptance form before they can send me the Medical Clearance Form. I have to go take some passport photos on monday and express mail it to the admissions office in order to get the medical clearance form. Once I get it, I'll definitely drive down to do the test right away. I went and tested for hep B a year ago and was immuned (good to go). It should be fine. I will definitely let you know via email when i'm coming. Other than that, Yipee! We're gonna be classmates!

Archived