Premed 101 Forums

Any news on the applicant pool at Queen's?

Guest devomcd

Guest devomcd

I know the Ontario applications are up by about 17% in general. I'm just wondering how this affects the Queen's applicant pool: up/ down/ about the same? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hey devomcd,

From the Admissions Office, there are actually fewer applicants to Queen's this year, 1388 for 2003 entry, compared to 1580 for 2002 entry. I think I read elsewhere on this board that you could see your MCAT scores before the OMSAS submission deadline, so it's possible the drop might be due to that. Mind you, I'm told both GPA and MCAT cutoffs for this year will be officially set only in January, so that would give some leeway to make for the expected 450+ interviews. (Interviews are on 1, 2, 22 and 23 March.)

Hope this helps, if there's any new info it'll be here and on the QM6 Info for applicants, meds.queensu.ca/~meds2006/applying.html . Good luck!

Key word there being "almost" - should've brought bibs along with the pocket protectors... after all, it's JT putting the "baby" in "baby brown". =)

And now, back to our normally scheduled med admissions banter.

Hey bad hombre,

Can't remember how many interviews they had last year so I can't say if it's a change or not; given the drop in applicants they might play with the cutoffs to take enough for interviews - but that is just a guess on my part, admissions is as black a box from this end as it is from yours I'm afraid. Word is there'll be 100 spots for 2003, same as this year (given how packed Botterell B139 is already that's prolly a good idea). Hope this helps, good luck!

• 3 years later...

Archived