Premed 101 Forums

Formal education section for ABS

I have a question regarding formal education section.

What do they exactly want me to put it in there? Do I need to write down which highschool I went to?(I moved to different highschools since I was 16, so does that mean I have to put down both?)

Do I also need to put down that I finished my 2nd year of my university education? and include all summer courses I took separately?

This section confuses me because I didn't think simply going to school is a sketch of mine, and wondering if I have to put it in.

Thanks so much for your help!

Yes, that's what I was thinking too.. I'm in university, so obviously I would have been in highschool. And I will be in university and that's why I am applying. Is it really required to put that every year of university separately? or summer courses I took separately? or do I just not write anything if I don't have a university degree? I'm sorry for this silly question, but OMSAS was not so clear about this one.

Thanks!

I wasn't sure how to categorize a community placement that I did as part of an undergrad course on the ABS sketch? I would like to highlight this experience on my sketch but the placement was for course credit and thus I would not consider it volunteering. Should I put it under formal education?

Any thoughts?

I wasn't sure how to categorize a community placement that I did as part of an undergrad course on the ABS sketch? I would like to highlight this experience on my sketch but the placement was for course credit and thus I would not consider it volunteering. Should I put it under formal education?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Regarding high school, I wouldn't sweat that too much either. if you have room, stick it in... If you did an interesting program (say you did French immersion and are applying to Ottawa) then I'd recommend sticking it in... but I know people who didn't include their high school under formal education at all, so no worries.

Any thoughts?

I put my high school co-op placements under employment. I am not sure how that compares to your community placement, but I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Archived