Premed 101 Forums

Is physics a prerequisite for med schools in Canada and the US?

oh ok..well i have bio,mat,phy,chm and another humanities course for first year...was just thinkin it might be a bit too overwhelming so should drop phy now and take it in the second year.....is it a good idea?:confused:

Well, I had physics, bio, chem, calculus, and psychology first year.

I managed to handle it. Everyone knows their strengths and weaknesses, so if you feel that you can tackle these courses, then I say go for it. Just prioritize your time, make a schedule of things you have to do, try not to procrastinate... and you will be fine. I do know a few people who are taking physics in 2nd year, but personally, I am glad that I never have to do physics again (except when I start preparing for the mcats).

Hope that helps you out!

I took physics in 2nd year due to having an already full courseload 1st year and was glad I did. I found having a 1st year course among my 2nd year courses to be almost easy and relaxing in comparison. I wrote the MCAT after 2nd year and I found taking physics in 2nd year to be helpful with that. I'm sure I didn't have to review physics nearly as much as I would have if it had been a year since I'd last taken it.

Archived