Premed 101 Forums

are the products from "predent lab" good?

For carving, I am at the stage where I just to practice on speed, smoothing, and accuracy.

I am thinking of buying "12 pack - desgin Book 1 combo" for $53 from http://www.predentlab.ca/more.htm for further practice

Do you think their soaps are good for somone who just need to work on speeds, smoothing, and accuracy?

How about the design book. Are they accurate representations of the real DAT? I have the IQ design book and it sucked.

Thanks!

For carving, I am at the stage where I just to practice on speed, smoothing, and accuracy.

I am thinking of buying "12 pack - desgin Book 1 combo" for $53 from http://www.predentlab.ca/more.htm for further practice

Do you think their soaps are good for somone who just need to work on speeds, smoothing, and accuracy?

How about the design book. Are they accurate representations of the real DAT? I have the IQ design book and it sucked.

Thanks!

It's no better than the IQ book. Save your $. Get the real soap from the CDA.

I would disagree -- the carving designs that are available for sale are pretty good representations of what you might find on the actual DAT.

You may not practice the exact pattern that you'll be tested on, but if you try all the designs you will almost definitely have attempted all of the possible cuts. The point is to practice carving, not to practice the exact design because you have no idea what it will be.

I would disagree -- the carving designs that are available for sale are pretty good representations of what you might find on the actual DAT.

You may not practice the exact pattern that you'll be tested on, but if you try all the designs you will almost definitely have attempted all of the possible cuts. The point is to practice carving, not to practice the exact design because you have no idea what it will be.

I agree. I found the IQ book very helpful. It covered all possible types of carvings.

Archived