Premed 101 Forums

GPA weighting with two undergraduate degrees

Hello,

I hope someone is able to help me understand how the weighting formula at U of T may or may not apply to me.

I did a 4-year undergraduate degree, entirely part-time. I am now doing another 4-year undergraduate degree, full-time. Because I already have a degree, I am able to complete this new degree in only two years. I have completed one full year, and am just beginning the second.

When I apply to U of T, how will the weighting formula apply to me? Do they look at both of my degrees, or just one?

Thanks very much!

A

Hi,

Based on the information on the admissions website, I don't think that the weighting formula will apply in your case. It also appears that U of T will consider all of your courses from both degrees. If there was some compelling reason to attend school part time during your first degree, then you could apply for special consideration.

Applicants Who Have Taken Less than a Full Course Load

Applicants who have taken less than five full-courses (or 10 half-courses) in any given year will be considered on the average of all courses taken during the regular academic session. The weighting formula will not be applied.

Applicants who wish special consideration for weighting due to unusual circumstances should submit their request in writing supported by reasons. All requests for special consideration will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee, however, no decision will be released.

Best of luck.

Archived