Premed 101 Forums

How stringent is U of T with MCATs? What if my essay score is low?

I was just wondering how U of T regards the MCATs...I wrote them this august, and am worried about the essay section (i just froze :(). I intend on applying to western and queens just in case i meet the cutoffs, however was wondering how stringest u of t is with mcats.

my u of t weighted gpa is 3.9. I've done EC's and volunteering as long as i can remember, working at an hiv/aids clinic as a research assistant now etc.

should i bother applying to u of t?

Briefly,

U of T's cutoffs are not fixed cutoffs as UWO's and Queen's' are: applicants with MCAT scores below the posted cutoffs, N for the writing sample, will have their applications flagged. If an applicant's application is compelling enough in other areas, U of T will grant the applicant an interview.

In general, U of T gives more leeway to graduate students than for undergraduate students. If you score an M, you may still have a chance. If you score an L or lower, U of T will probably deny your application.

Best of luck.

FYI:

i got 'L' on the WS of the MCAT, interviewed, and was accepted at U of T. although i probably represent the only person with a WS score that low to ever be accepted (i know i have the lowest WS score of anyone in my class), consider how much i'd be kicking myself if i hadn't applied. you should apply, 100%, for sure, no question. worst case: you have a head start on your app for the next cycle if you're denied his year.

blahblahblah

Archived