Premed 101 Forums

Detailed sketch

I'm a little confused about the Ottawa U detailed sketch. It is only required to fill the additional information for activities that were completed during post-secondary school, but if you don't add additional information for other activites it is not complete (there is no checkmark beside employment, volunteer, etc. on the page where employment, volunteer, research is listed). I'm having a hard time explaining this, but I'm sure someone will understand. I just wanted to make sure that i am doing the detailed sketch correctly (I am only doing it for the activities that were completed during my university studies).

Thanks,

Ary

Hey Aryepiglotticus,

I sense you are maybe interested in ENT! ;)

You are right that you are supposed to elaborate on the post-secondary activities. Since this is the first year that they ask you don`t elaborate on everything, I would probably recommend that you contact the school to let them know that the computer says that your form in incomplete and see what they recommend. (I am not sure if you were just looking for confirmation that it is only the post-secondary activities you elaborate on or if the computer won`t let you submit the application because it thinks it is incomplete)

Sats

Hey Aryepiglotticus (and everyone else),

You've probably already called the admissions office, but I also called Ottawa U and just wanted to post what I was told:

To solve the problem of having an incomplete application (by not expanding on any pre-university entries in the detailed autobiographical sketch), simply type an 'x', dash, or period in every field. Please note that you should leave the verifier number as is (since this field requires a number and if you enter anything else, it won't work).

I hope that helps everyone!

Cheers,

Lady

Archived