Premed 101 Forums

Formal Education section on ABS

Hello,:)

I was wondering about filling in 'formal education' on the ABS. Don't they know our highschool and post secondary education already from the other sections of the application? Would you guys recommend having it filled in nonetheless? If so, who would be the verifier? The school itself?

Thanks in advance!

I think it's handy for your interviewers (at schools with open file interviews) to have your university on the sketch, because that's the summary that's easiest to use in order to think of questions to ask. I can't imagine why your high school would matter.

Why not list it though? Nearly everybody does, so you can't lose that way, and I find it hard to believe that anyone has 48 other extracurriculars that are so fantastic you can't bear to leave one out. :)

I think that any reasonable verifier is fine: your school's registrar office, your transcript, a prof or staff member from your university who is verifying other things on your list anyways, etc. They're not going to check it, obviously, given that they have your transcripts! :)

Archived