Premed 101 Forums

Concerning question 3 on the Queen's app

Guest canucker

Guest canucker

Hi,

For question 3:

Explaining your choice as it relates to the study and practice of medicine, expand on one area described in the autobiographic sketch that demonstrates your sensitivity to others and the ability to form team relationships.

I was wondering how others interpreted this question. Does Queen's want one item from the sketch that "demonstrates sensitivity to others" and another item that shows "the ability to form team relationships" or should the same item be used to answer both parts of the question? Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...
I was also able to answer the question using one experience. However, conveying the teamwork portion was a bit more difficult.

Yeah, the teamwork bit was a b!tch to do; it sounded a lot like bullcrap, 'cause it's pretty hard to make yourself sound like a "team person" in half a paragraph. I hope I didn't come off sounding pompous and contrived . . .

I just found it most hard to convey a setting in which you can display your sensitivity to others AND your ability to form team relationships. The two almost seem disconnected but yet intertwined. It is very difficult for me to explain exactly what I mean. Anyways, I hope the experience I describe will be given good consideration.

Guest canucker
Hi, I have a question regarding the "an area described in your autobiographical sketch". Does it refer to an entire section of your sketch (i.e. volunteer activities) or a specific activity? Thanks for any help.

Hi Collabo, I answered the question using one specific item/activity. Cheers and good luck.

Archived