Premed 101 Forums

Latest to SAFELY submit the applications?

OMSAS warns not to leave submitting the application until the last min, as the system will be jammed. But for those who went through this before, are they talking about a few days in advance or it's okay as long as it's not say a few hours before the deadline? I'm asking this because I still have a lot left to do and the more time I have the better, but at the same time I don't want to take up all my sweet time and end up not being able to send it in on time.

Hi there,

Invariably, there have been some major slow-downs in the OMSAS website in the days leading up to the application. Some folks seemed to be near tears when the site went down before they had managed to enter all their information. One way to save you this stress is to establish a new deadline for yourself. When I applied I set a personal deadline of one week before the OMSAS application closed. It was quite a relief not be a part of the barrage of traffic that slowed the system, and to be spared of what seemed to be some extreme stress.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Last year, a friend of mine submitted his application 5 bloody mintues before the deadline... I was there and he had no trouble at all uploading his information on the OMSAS server.

Despite such, I don't think anyone should leave the application until the last mintue/hours, since you just never know if there will be any unforeseen circumstances such as power shutdow or your computer stopped working...

Good luck.

Archived