Premed 101 Forums

Transfer to Uof T

Hi there,

I've heard of at least one transfer that took place, and it occurred at the time of the beginning of clerkship. That seems to make most sense too, as then there's no fidgeting with pre-clerkship courses, etc., and given that most Ontario schools have four year programs (Mac excepted) the switch into another clerkship can be achieved relatively easily. If you're interested in this though, I'd get on it as soon as possible, i.e., start contacting the school to where you'd like to transfer as well as your home school to see if a transfer might be possible.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hey Kiel,

Yes, i am going to u of o and i absolutely love the school. The only reason i was asking about the transfer is because the fact that my close cousin has so much trouble getting adjusted in Kingston considering she lived in Toronto for the last 28 years. so i was thinking to get more info for her to either transfer to Ottawa u or U of T.

cheers

Sarakj

ps. thanks kristeen for the info

Hey Kiel,

Yes, i am going to u of o and i absolutely love the school. The only reason i was asking about the transfer is because the fact that my close cousin has so much trouble getting adjusted in Kingston considering she lived in Toronto for the last 28 years. so i was thinking to get more info for her to either transfer to Ottawa u or U of T.

cheers

Sarakj

ps. thanks kristeen for the info

Sorry I hope I didn't offend you. I was mostly just being nosy!:D

Good luck at U of O!

This is the official policy, though Kirsteen may have cited an exception.

3) Does the University of Toronto accept transfer students (students who are currently undergraduate medical students in other medical schools or who have completed one or more years of undergraduate medicine in another medical school) to the second or higher medical undergraduate year?

No. Transfers are not allowed.

4) Does the University of Toronto accept applications to the first year of the Doctor of Medicine Program from students who are currently undergraduate medical students in other medical schools?

The circumstances of the applicant would be evaluated individually.

Archived