Premed 101 Forums

Formal education section for Ottawa detailed sketch

Hey everyone,

In the formal education section for Ottawa detailed sketch, under the graduate section, why are there 2 empty boxes?

If for instance I am doing a masters and I am in my second year, and it has both a course and researched based then what do I do? I have already taken the graduate course in the first year and I do not have to take anymore courses.

Also, I have heared from other current medical students who were former graduate students that they mentioned that they were in thesis-only stage, where do you put that?

Thanks,

Siamak

It sounds like you are in a research-based program and not a course-based program. Course-based programs are pretty much full-time school (without thesis), and it sounds like you only needed one course for your Masters. Just about every research-based Masters (M.Sc.) has course requirements (I had to take two courses), but the program is usually still considered "thesis-based". So only check off the box that says thesis/research.

Also, for Ottawa, they will know that you took that course in your first year because they look at your graduate transcript to make sure you have an A average in your graduate course(s). Hope that answers your question.

-Lady

Archived