Premed 101 Forums

What do you think of my greatest weakness?

I'm debating between listing two weaknesses.

1. shyness

2. time management

Shyness is probably more true, although I feel that over the last couple of years I have really overcome it almost completely.

Time management was maybe more of a problem in first year when I was getting adjusted, and I never really considered it a weakenss because I usually adapt well. I solved this one within a couple of months.

I'm debating between the two because I don't want to make myself look bad but there are definite problems with both:

shyness- how will this doc handle interviewing patients? will he be able to defend his opinions when confronted by other doctors? will he be able to control a restless/furious patient?

time management - will he be able to handle the workload? will he be able to handle busy clinical rounds?

I really don't want to use a BS weakness like "I work too hard" or "I care about others so much that I just forget about myself".

So which of mine do you think is worse and I shouldn't use??

Those BS weakness, I wouldn't even consider weaknesses. I once went on a scholarship interview and said that my weakness was that I tend to forget stuff. I did end up winning, but I've also overcome that weakness over the last 2 years. I now have other weaknesses that I won't reveal on this forum, but I'd suggest you just be honest and list what your actual weakness is. One thing I've learned is that they are not looking so much for what your exact weakness is (unless its something that could breed criminal tendancies or make you a hazard to others and yourself) they are more concerned with how you deal with those weaknesses on a personal level.

I didn't mean that time management was a BS weakness, I meant the ones where people say "I work too hard", "I'm a perfectionist", "I care too much about everyone and everything". They are strengths disguised as weaknesses...those are BS to me. A real weakness is something that actually hinders your ability to achieve more...your ability to work at it would seem like the important thing here.

Archived