Premed 101 Forums

do i have a chance anywhere?

What are your DAT scores?

U of T considers your top 3 years and Western your top 2. I'm sure if your DAT scores are high enough you have a decent shot. Keep in mind the average GPA for U of T last year was around 3.8ish (I think 3.82 if memory serves me correctly)

3.83 after waitlist movement........3.87 before calling upon waitlist.......

Just a correction........UofT does drop your worst year, but doesn't just consider 3 years. If u did a 5 year program, they will take best 4 then.

As for chances, starch I'm sure u still have a decent chance. As mentioned above UT and Western has different formulas. Also in west coast, some chools don't really weight GPA as a big factor in selection so you may improve your chances there w/ a strong DAT scores. And in the U.S. there are plenty of places that you will find that ur GPA is about their entering class. Look around, I'm sure there are lots of opportunities. Good luck.

Cheers,

That UT guy

hey, thanks for the response. Realistically, I dont think I have a chance at US schools either, since they look at CGPA. Western is my only hope in Canada and it's a long shot....what do you guys think of foreign dental school in Ausralia, UK, or New Zealand?

hey starch, about British schools, I've heard that they really like international students (think $$$) and I know quite a few canadians who've gone there for med and pharm. As for dent, though, I've heard that it's a very long process if you want to come back and practice in Canada. I'm not entirely sure, though, but check with the CDA about foreign-trained dentists and look into applying through ucas asap...i think their deadlines are usually in mid-oct. Also don't give up on the states, just apply insanely early and see what happens. Just keep all the options open! :)

Best of luck, you'll be just fine!!!

Archived