Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS "CV" -- employment... volunteer etc

EMD

Hey,

I used point form in that section of the CaRMS application, but you may choose to use full sentences. I think that there is a character limit to each section, in which case it would be more economical to use point form, but I don't remember exactly.

Thanks for the reply. :) I started with sentences... not sure I'm going to change that.

Any case, I'm wondering if any one knows how the CaRMS extra documents/transcripts work. Does one have to go plead with the transcript people to attach a 'cover sheet' -- 'cause the cover sheet for extra documents says they don't process anything without a cover sheet?

ADDENDUM: I can probably get the university the cover sheet... but I'm thinking it would be a total pain in the @$$ for someone that is out-of-town. They'd have to mail the cover letter to the university... so the university can mail it to CaRMS.

My university mailed out my transcript - and it's been scanned already - and i didn't attach any cover letters. Went to ask the registrar to send it there, nothing special was added.

Another question concerning CaRMS CV - how detailed are you going on the CV ? Are you including little random jobs or stuff like that ? I think i am only going to put relevant things but wanted to know what everyone else was doing.

CY

My university mailed out my transcript - and it's been scanned already - and i didn't attach any cover letters. Went to ask the registrar to send it there, nothing special was added.

Another question concerning CaRMS CV - how detailed are you going on the CV ? Are you including little random jobs or stuff like that ? I think i am only going to put relevant things but wanted to know what everyone else was doing.

CY

I'm still debating that myself. I have decided to list a number of things that happened before med school; one of my past jobs the company has name recognition for the field I'm applying-- so it's gonna be included. The big question in my mind is where to draw the line on extracurriculars and which, if any, should go into the "Interests" section which is 2500 characters. It would be nice if they had a guideline of sorts. One thing I've pretty much decided at this point is... nothing before university.

Hey,

I used point form in that section of the CaRMS application, but you may choose to use full sentences. I think that there is a character limit to each section, in which case it would be more economical to use point form, but I don't remember exactly.

CutieYellow: You have thoughts on the above (point form vs. sentences)? :)

Archived