Premed 101 Forums

Applying at 40 ?

Hi,

Cégep is basically the equivalent of the last year of High School and first year of University in other provinces, and an undergraduate degree (Undergrad) is pretty much the equivalent to a "Baccalauréat", except that in Quebec it would take you 3 years to complete (because 1 year was done in Cégep), and in other provinces it's usually 4 years.

• 1 month later...

I am up there I guess in years (46, will graduate at 48 :eek: - I don't feel it though) but as long as you have the desire to succeed, you will. Sometimes I think my memory is sorely challenged, but the rest of the class feels the same way about themselves. I seem to do well enough on the exams. The thing that worries me the most is the rumours of extended period of being on call while in residency...I absolutely need my 6 hours of sleep!!

You aren't obligated to retire at 65, or even 75 if you are still mentally intact. If its your passion, why not go for it?

It is hard to keep up with the younger students at the bar though, hangovers seem to come easier with age, and recovery from them slower.

Archived