Premed 101 Forums

Is there an advantage to apply for UBC for the 2nd time.

I am planning to apply for UBC for the first time, but I know that I've screwed up the carving section. And my GPA is not that great either. I already ask my references to sumbit reference letters and wrote up all my applications So, it would seem to be a waste to hold back my application now.

I know my chance to get in is 0 unless there is a miracle. The only reason that I would be applying for UBC is to show that I am dedicated to get in dental school when I apply again next cycle.

So, Is there any advantage to apply for UBC for the 2nd time? Does it show that the applicant is dedicated to attend UBC? Thanks!

Hey Dentistwannabe,

I recommend that you apply if funds are not an issue. It's a 200$ application fee.

Since you've already asked your referees to write a reference for you, I think to make their time and effort in writing that letter worth it, you should apply. You'll never know what the outcome of an application will be until you apply.

If you think you can improve your application in some way, then work on that aspect of your application and apply in a later application cycle.

I think that's the best advice I can offer. I hope it helps you in your decision-making :)

G'luck

Archived