Premed 101 Forums

Help needed ASAP!!!

Guest spyder123456

Guest spyder123456

Hello....ive just finished my 3rd year @ U of T in Cell Biology......and my GPA isn't looking that good...3.03.....i've improved in each of my years.....but my first year was horrible....so this is all i have to show for my GPA......i've been checking out all my options for grad school as i really want to enter a primary health care specialty.......meds seems way out of reach in the canada and the u.s......i've found a few potential schools of osteopathy.......and dentistry and pharmacy in the u.s....are really starting to look like my best options if i wanna stay in north america.......I was wondering if anyone has some advice for me......as what lies outside of the north america and the potentials to migrate back to the states to work.....as either a doctor on dentist are..........any info on schools in the U.K. and Australia will be much appreciated............

Guest FungManX

do a search on SGU and st.matthews in the caribbean islands.

You'll stay in USA for sure but ... to get back to canada it'll be harder, the only province that accepts carib grads is ontario and nova scotia i think..

Guest satsumargirl

You may have already done this, but look at the ways each school calculate your GPA. If you stay for your 4th year, your 1st year may not count in your GPA. Some schools give more weight to the last year as well, so it may work out for you. Also, try converting your marks into the OMSAS scale, it may change your GPA a little.

Archived