Premed 101 Forums

Easy Programs vs. Challenging Programs

Avinash

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we can start a cult. definitely.

alright it's going to be centred around the fact that you can predict the future and that i have a singing voice that can cure any disease. lol

hahaha that sound good... we need a name now...the socialscientologists?

• 2 weeks later...
oh I was watching TLC the other day and they had a show 'Smartest boy in the world' or something along those lines. I only caught the end, but they had some Indian 12-yr old who says he knows the cure for cancer...

Yes, the show was 1 hour long, but I missed the first 15 mins. of it. The story is pretty much about this 12 year old kid from Indian who comes from this village in middle of no-where.

He claims that he knows the cure for cancer. So what they did is they brought him to U. of London (I think) and some of the professors spoke to him. They did some IQ tests, as well as bunch of other knowledge related test on him. The tests proved that he is one of the smartest kids in the world when it comes to critical thinking, but visually he is below an average kid.

When he spoke to the professors, he told them that he has the structural formula in his mind that will cure the cancer, but the lack of technology that he has access to is stopping him from developing that formula. He is aware that his 'imaginary' formula may not work, but he knows that one day he will be able to cure cancer (he is pretty sure that he will be able to do it, but he say "I hope").

Rest of the show was pretty much about how smart this kid is, and how the 2 professors were trying to get him to come to England when he is 17-18 and study in their University.

At the end it showed him in his village playing with his friends (same generation as him). They showed how he is able to balance both his social life and educational life as well. He is a regular 12 year old who finds time to be a kid, but at the end of the day he finds the time to study, do experiments, etc.

By the way, the 2 professors who were talking with him pretty much agreed that they do believe that this kid is onto something and it is only a matter of time when he comes up with something that will amaze the world!

• 1 year later...

hey, if you look back like 100 years ago, the smartest people back then would now be considered on the borderline of mentally retarded...

but yeah, i guess there always were people that were above normal, like einstein, newton, etc....

there's this guy called Alexis Clairault (which was a math genious at age 12; and owned calculus more than you ever will...) that was pretty darn amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_Clairault (for fun!?)

and so many more....

Realistically, there's gotta be the right environment and such, otherwise its hard to be able to do these things.... i mean look at Maslow's hiearchy (for example...).. if i dont have food, am I going to start worrying about self-actualization and curing cancer? probably not...

hey, if you look back like 100 years ago, the smartest people back then would now be considered on the borderline of mentally retarded...

but yeah, i guess there always were people that were above normal, like einstein, newton, etc....

there's this guy called Alexis Clairault (which was a math genious at age 12; and owned calculus more than you ever will...) that was pretty darn amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_Clairault (for fun!?)

and so many more....

Realistically, there's gotta be the right environment and such, otherwise its hard to be able to do these things.... i mean look at Maslow's hiearchy (for example...).. if i dont have food, am I going to start worrying about self-actualization and curing cancer? probably not...

apparently (i said apparently, so dont shoot the messenger :P ) einstein wasnt that smart, it was his wife who came up with most of his theories. she was the math genius...

Archived