Premed 101 Forums

Interview...

what do they mean feedback letters? will they just be mailing out rejections? or will they actually give feedback on where our applications are lacking?

I noticed that they won't be sending those to non-selected non-maritime students. Maybe it's just the same thing in paper form? Then again, selected != competitive...so who knows?

Good luck to everyone...I'm starting to see my med school chances grow smaller and smaller....

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats to all of you who have interviews. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of you during the ever so fun interview weekend. Of course, I'm not so sure how our class will be functioning as we have our MAF exam that Friday evening followed by some, erhm, intellectual activities for the rest of the night. :rolleyes:

Wearing a suit is great if you're comfortable in it. It really is up to you what you want to wear. I've known people who were dressed to the nines and those who dressed more casually (sweater, blouse, dress pants, skirt, etc). Just don't come in jeans or a beer t-shirt and you should be fine!:D

Have a great holiday everyone!

-Zakiyaa

Class of 2010

Thanks for posting that about attire, I went and tried on a suited skirt with collared shirt and felt unbelievably uncomfortable, maybe I will find one that doesn't make me feel weird but I doubt it,.....I hope I am not the most underdressed person there.

When I interviewed, I used a housemate's suit. I was appropriately dressed for all of my interviews. Dal was the only place though that I saw people in dress pants and a sweater and they looked fine to me. I also forgot my suit for an interview in Alberta and just wore dress pants and a blouse. Don't worry too much about having a suit, but you do want to look like you're taking the interview seriously and just don't be intimidated if everyone else is wearing one.

Hey Guys,

I agree with Zakiyaa...anything goes, really, as long as you can be comfortable and feel yourself (of course, within limits...: )). I wore a sweater and dress pants and a big scarf around my neck (it was chilly) to my interview last year and it must not have been too scandalous because I got in! I really think you should go with what you feel best in. Suits look great if you can pull them off...so does just a nice blouse/shirt or even a sweater.

Good luck all, can't wait to meet you during interviews!!

UAgrad

Archived