Premed 101 Forums

Family med interview invites so far

RuralDoc

I have been trying to hold off writing this, but can't seem to wait anymore.

Has anyone heard from McMaster or Toronto family med with interview offers?

I have heard from:

Dal

Ottawa

Queens

UWO

BC

Did not apply to any of the prairies, Alberta, or Nfld, or Quebec.

I also sent in one application for psych- to McMaster and I have heard good news from them too.

Please, if anyone has heard from McMaster family, post me a quick note- I am really worried. (I sent in 3 reference letters and later noticed a note that rather strictly asked for only 2!)

RuralDoc

Hey RuralDoc,

Paranoia shouldn't settle in at this time, it's the holidays! ;)

I have received answers from:

UBC

Alberta

Calgary

Laval

Montreal

Sherbrooke

McGill

Queen's

UWO

Still missing:

Toronto

McMaster

Gatineau (McGill)

Ottawa

Kinda worried about the fact that you heard from Ottawa and I haven't yet. Oh well, like i said, no paranoia during the holidays :P

So ya, nothing yet from Mac and Toronto so no worries :)

CY

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

So finally found out why i hadn't receive my UofO invite before xmas... turns out that apparently file is missing the MSRP. It's the THIRD school that tells me this - although it's not actually missing (the translated version is under extra documents and that's the version i assigned) if they only looked a little!

But i'm kinda upset now b/c Ottawa wrote to me that they were sorry but they weren't giving me an interview. I wrote back to them about the mishap and crossing my fingers they'll give me an interview!

On another brighter note - received invites from Toronto, Mac & Gatineau. So all in all, got interviews everywhere i applied except for Ottawa. Ugh.

Seeing how this is THEIR fault, do you think they'll grant me an interview ? I'm so antsy at the moment :(

CY

Hi CY,

I assume they would grant you an interview if the mistake was at their end. Also, if you have a translated MSPR, that is probably a plus for Ottawa, since they like to see bilingual applicants. I have heard, though, that they tend to favour their own students more than students from other schools. I wouldn't take it too hard if you don't get an interview, since I know many students who have had rejections from Ottawa already. Hope it works out for you.

I also heard from To and Mac today. I had just about given up so it was great to hear from them! Glad to hear you heard from them too.

Ruraldoc

Ruraldoc:

I've heard the same about Ottawa and favoring their own. I've heard of people getting rejections from Ottawa as well, but not in family med however... I am still annoyed that it's a silly mistake that could cost me an interview, and not necessarily b/c i didn't qualify. We'll find out tomorrow i would assume what happens in my saga.

Never give hope - Toronto and Mac were just slower this year ;)

CY

Hi there CY,

It would be a bit silly if Ottawa were to deny you an interview based on a "missing" document that wasn't actually missing. If that's the only reason for a rejection from them, then it seems very reasonable that they'd reconsider. Fingers crossed for you. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived