Interview Dates Posted

Hey all,

Here are the interview dates for this year:

"For 2007 entry, interviews will be held on the following dates:

February 9, 11, 24-25

March 4-5, 23, 31

April 1"

http://www.facmed.utoronto.ca/English/page-13-15524-1.html

They are starting interviews much earlier this year.

I find it interesting that they're also going to send the bulk of interviews in mid-march.....??

bioboy2007 Are the 'most competitive' applicants given invites first? Or, are invites sent randomly as the committee meets?

U of T website says the sequence which an applicant is interviewed does not reflect the relative strength of the applicant.

I was interviewed last year on the last possible weekend but I was accepted first-round.

I hope my experience will encourage you all to think positive! I'll answer as many questions as I can to help out since I'll be in the same class with many of you in a few months.

Best of luck!

U of T website says the sequence which an applicant is interviewed does not reflect the relative strength of the applicant.

I was interviewed last year on the last possible weekend but I was accepted first-round.

I hope my experience will encourage you all to think positive! I'll answer as many questions as I can to help out since I'll be in the same class with many of you in a few months.

Best of luck!

What was your experience?

I believe graduate students are interviewed late - because of the later receipt of the Graduate info package and second reading of the complete file.

But also, after talking to many differnet people - I don't think it matters when you are interviewed - everyone finds out in May together anyways.

However, one thing I don't understand is the rejections come at differnet times. Some people are rejected in Feb. whereas some are in late March ? (undergrads i'm talking about). Does anyone know how that works?

^maybe they are saving the best for last

Hahaha, I like that one! :D

What was your experience?

I"m assuming you're talking about my interview experience...

I had a blast during my interview. A male student and a female staff physician interviewed me. Right from the start, I felt very comfortable. It might sound funny, but I think the interviewers were REALLY only trying to get to know me as a person. My take from it is that they were already looking at us as one of their own, and they just wanted to make sure that we are in fact who we say we are on paper.

If anyone would like to know more, you can ask me specific questions.

If I may give one key piece of advice, that is do mock interviews. Don't do a half-a$$ one over beer, but a serious one where you begin outside the door, and your firends call you in...

Best of luck!

p.s. And yes, I'm a grad student. And I don't think they reject people anymore... They simply send out wait-list letters. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this point.

Archived