Premed 101 Forums

CDA style interview questions?

Hey everyone,

Its almost as if I am getting addicted to this forum:) . Anyway I have been reading some of the posts regarding Dental Interviews which mention about standard CDA questions. Is there by any chance a list of such questions that exists or a link perhaps. If so please let me know.

Thanks

"Tell me about a time when you made someone happy"

"Tell me about a time when you let someone down"

"You see a good friend of your cheat on an exam. He/She will be kicked out of school if you report him to the instructor. What do you do?"

"Tell us about a time when you worked on a group project. What role did you play"

I just made those up, but they are always in that format. There are no right answers to the questions. Thats not the point of the interview. The panel wants to hear your thought processes. The want to see the decisions you made to get to your answers, and the reasoning behind them.

Take time to answer the questions thoroughly, but do not ramble or get off topic. If they ask you one of the above questions and you go on about feeding starving kids in Africa or ramble about some research project you think will impress them, you'll hurt your score.

I'll be sitting on the panel in one of the schools this year. Can't wait to hear some of your answers. :)

Thanks a lot Dr Drill! I will keep these points in mind when I'm preparing for my interview.

Just one more question though...If someone really did go to a post disaster struck area and truly made ppl happy by providing relief efforts, would it still create a negative impression on the interviewee's part. If then, would it be better to focus more on daily life experiences when answering the questions. (such as a time when one made boss,family,neighbor e.t.c happy)

Thanks a lot Dr Drill! I will keep these points in mind when I'm preparing for my interview.

Just one more question though...If someone really did go to a post disaster struck area and truly made ppl happy by providing relief efforts, would it still create a negative impression on the interviewee's part. If then, would it be better to focus more on daily life experiences when answering the questions. (such as a time when one made boss,family,neighbor e.t.c happy)

Just keep on topic. If you have a good story that applies to the question, go for it.

Archived