Premed 101 Forums

Cut-offs?

you never know.

Queen's MCAT cut-offs dropped this year and it's just as likely they may drop at Western given the school received fewer applicants after instituting their requirement for a 4 yr degree.

I'm not in undergrad so I did not pay attention to the degree requirements per school. Is the 4-yr degree requirement new this yr or in years past?

Here's hoping that they reduce the WS requirement to O.

As for the essay. If interview invites are to be sent out in one week, they would have read them all by now. And would there even be minimum cut-offs (for interviews) if there was a subjective essay component involved?

I think it will stay the same. They still haven't posted them yet:( I'm nervous and I didn't even apply this year!

What are the chances after an interview? ~50%?

Hmm depending on how many offers they give... it'll definitely be > than 30%... probably around 40% I'd think.

I guess the fourth year honors degree requirement caused that small dip (roughly 300 fewer applicants). But the double cohort continues to having a lasting effect on all schools (even to UWO) - especially UofT and Mac.

But what this means for the cut-offs is anyone's guess. It may or may not have an effect.

Archived