Premed 101 Forums

MSAR and application 2008

hippie

guys...i just want to know if any1 has any idea about 2nd yr canadian studs applying to US med schools...meaning i'll get an interview at the end of my third yr....(i'm just saying...don't get ideas that i am confident or something).....whenis the deadline for the applications...because i'm writing mcat in july...the results wil be out aroung aug..i guess

________

buy vaporizers

Do we have to buy the msar or is it also available through libraries ... I was looking to find this past year's msar through the uoft library to get some ideas, but couldn't ...

Also, about references, if I choose to use 2 univ profs and one from the post-doc (now research assistant) that supervised me in the lab would that still be ok? One of the profs is not going to be science-related.

Thanks

They had the MSAR at my old uni's library, but not at my current one.

Do we have to buy the msar or is it also available through libraries ... I was looking to find this past year's msar through the uoft library to get some ideas, but couldn't ...

You can find the latest on in the UofT BOOKSTORE. Its not wraped in any plastic, so you can just stand there and browse. Just like you would do at chapters ;)

Also, about references, if I choose to use 2 univ profs and one from the post-doc (now research assistant) that supervised me in the lab would that still be ok? One of the profs is not going to be science-related.

Thanks

Ya thats fine. But its best to get all letters from university profs. Cant you ask the RA to write a letter and then sign it from your PI ?

guys...i just want to know if any1 has any idea about 2nd yr canadian studs applying to US med schools...meaning i'll get an interview at the end of my third yr....(i'm just saying...don't get ideas that i am confident or something).....whenis the deadline for the applications...because i'm writing mcat in july...the results wil be out aroung aug..i guess

even if you get perfect on MCAT and GPA. You still have to get a Bachelor of Science degree, that is 20 credits I presume. This might not be for all schools...so i am not 100% sure, but definitely most of the top 20s...So ya I dont think you can apply to the states. BUt if you are superstar, UofTwill take you in...no worries :P

Ya thats fine. But its best to get all letters from university profs. Cant you ask the RA to write a letter and then sign it from your PI ?

But I am getting one from my PI, because like you I also had the luck to have him as my prof, therefore, kill two birds with one stone lol. :D

But I am getting one from my PI, because like you I also had the luck to have him as my prof, therefore, kill two birds with one stone lol. :D

I think if you have 2 university professors you are fine. Try to get another professor to write you a letter or someone outside the academic field. Like an MD you shadowed...

Archived